Friday, March 16, 2012

Great Ocean Road to Warranbool

The weather was not the greatest today, but even the few showers we rode through could not diminish just how fabulous a drive the Great Ocean Road is. So fabulous that they are afraid you're going to forget which side of the road to drive on:



There were a couple of moments when the anxiety kicked in but it wasn't as bad as it would have been before the cognitive behaviour therapy. I may never be completely comfortable with the combination of heights and open spaces.

The bike we rented is incredibly comfortable and handles quite well. It feels odd to be a passenger; I can't see where we're going but I have the freedom to look around more than if I was on my own bike.


We stopped many times along the way to look at lighthouses, make coffee and see the Twelve Apostles. And while it was a great day, we think we're going to do it again tomorrow in the sunshine.


1 comment: